Topics

Help with CW transmit & CAT with Quisk on Win7

Bob Helms

I'd like some help in getting my Peaberry SDR (equivalent to the Omnia SDR) to transmit CW using the Quisk software package on a Windows 7 PC.

I've been able to get receive working well, the images are nulled and the frequency is accurate and tunable from within Quisk.  If I select the FM mode and click on PTT in Quisk; I can then send CW (transmitter RF output - no sidetone obviously) with a key plugged into the Key jack on the radio. If I enable sidetone, I can generate a tone when in CW mode while PTT is selected but I can't generate any CW keying of the sidetone or transmit RF output while in CW mode.

I can send crude CW with HDSDR software but I'm unable to find any other software that I can successfully send CW with. I'm sure this is a lack of understanding on my part.

A second difficulty I'm having is setting up CAT with Quisk. The only references I can find are to TCP/IP port numbers while the Logger32 logging software I hope to use outputs CAT to a serial (COM) port.

My attempts to study the Omnia files, firmware and Quisk manuals and instructions have not revealed my mistake.

If someone can provide specific information on what configuration parameters are required, I would really appreciate it.

Bob, AF5Z

Ron / W4MMP

Hi Bob,

73,
Ron / W4MMP
On 6/5/2016 23:06, bob6wire@... [omniasdr] wrote:

[...]

Cam Hartford

Bob -

If your aim is to find a good CW app for the Peaberry, I can recommend AE9RB’s CW program, still available on the Peaberry site. David wrote versions for both Mac and Windows machines. It is very slick.

Cam N6GA